Category 2 out of 12
Theoretical Construct: Information Processing Theory
Associated Category/Categories: Disorganized Behaviors
- Mis-identification of persons, places, objects (facial & non-facial).
- Mis-identification of sounds, smells, tastes, touch.
- Mis-identification of events or occurrences.
- Mis-perception or interpretation of comments or behaviors of others.
Purpose of the Behavior
- Demonstrates a disconnect between schema activation and pattern recognition.
- Demonstrates an inability to encode new information.
- Demonstrates a compromised memory, executive and visuo-spatial function.
- Demonstrates to health care professionals (HCP) a potential shift into a “paranoid” state.
- Demonstrates to HCP that verbal and non-verbal interactions may become misconstrued.