Category 1 out of 12
Theoretical Construct: Information Processing Theory
Associated Category/Categories: Mis-Identification Behaviors
- Appearing vacant / blank in expressions.
- Disorganized thinking, unintelligible / garbled speech.
- Rapid shifts or incongruent emotional states.
- Inappropriate mixing of food, layering clothes.
- Playing with things in air, responding to internal stimuli.
Purpose of the Behavior
- Demonstrates a change in physiological status from baseline.
- Demonstrates alterations in sensorium (arousal + attention processes)
- Demonstrates an inhibited input pathway.
- Demonstrates compromised information encoding.
- Demonstrates dysfunctional output mechanism.
- Demonstrates breakdown of Information Processing Module (IPM).