Category 3 out of 12
Theoretical Construct: Motivational and Needs-Based Theories
- Indifference and lack of concern regarding self or milieu.
- Lack of self-initiation.
- Low social engagement with interpersonal interactions and milieu structure.
- Poor persistence.
- Emotional indifference and lack of emotional remorse.
Purpose of the Behavior
- Demonstrates diminished / absent motivational drives in cognition, behaviors and emotions.
- Demonstrates an absence of needs fulfillment.
- Diminished Goal-Directed Cognition (GDC):
- Lack of motivation in learning new things / experiences.
- Lack of concerns over one’s personal problems.
- Diminished Goal-Directed Activities (GDA):
- Lack of energy / effort to perform everyday activities
- Dependent on prompts from others.
- Diminished emotional component of GDC / GDA:
- Unchanging / flat affect (decreased range of expression).
- Lack of emotional response to positive and negative events.